The California Consumer Privacy Act
If you live in California and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a list of the personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will also give you a list of the third parties that have received your information. You can make a request one time each year, by emailing or writing to us at the address below. Please mention in your letter that you are making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry. We will respond within 30 days.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides that California residents may (subject to certain limitations):
- Request the personal information we collect about them
- Ask that we delete the personal information we collect about them
- Opt out of having their personal information sold (while we do not share personal information with third parties in exchange for money, we may share information with our business partners from time-to-time which is broadly defined as a “sale” under the CCPA). Please note that there may also be instances when we share information for Business Purposes for providing customer service, servicing warranty repairs or claims, or some additional exempted reason
To exercise your rights, please click here.
We value and respect the privacy of our customers. In the course of operating our business and interacting with you, we collect, use, and share personal information. We do so to process and fulfill your orders, to improve our product offerings, to provide valuable services, to protect the rights and information of our customers and our company.
Exercise Your Privacy Rights
Complete the form below to submit your request. When we receive your information, we’ll use it to verify your identity and review your request.
- Request the personal information we collect about you.
- Ask that we delete the personal information we collect about you.
- Opt out of having your personal information sold (while we do not share your personal information with third parties in exchange for money, we disclose certain information in exchange for insights and other valuable services, and California law treats such sharing as a “sale” even if no money is exchanged.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING REQUESTS TO OPT OUT OF SALES
If you submit a request to opt out of having your personal information sold, we will the use the information you provide to verify your identity. After verifying your identity, we will associate the information you provided with information we hold to prevent further sales of that information. However, if you use our websites, mobile applications, connected device applications, or digital services, we may not be able to associate the information you provided in your request with the information collected from your usage of our websites, mobile applications, connected device applications, or digital services.
Making a Request
A working email address is required to complete your request online. Call (714) 465-5220 to speak to a representative if you don’t want to provide an email address.
For each request you submit, we’ll send a verification email to the email address you provided. This may take up to 72 hours. Check your spam folder if you don’t see it. You’ll have 3 days to verify your email before your request expires. If you don’t, you’ll have to submit another request.
If you are making a request on behalf of another person, please send your request to email@example.com and include the following information about you and the person on whose behalf you are making the request: full name, mailing address, home address, email address, and phone number. You should also provide proof of your authorization to act on the other person’s behalf. We will contact you for additional information once your request has been received.
After we process your request to delete your personal information or to opt out of the sale of your personal information, you may still see advertising regarding our products and services. We may deliver advertising to a general audience or place advertising on websites, mobile applications, and connected device applications that relates to our products and services. For example, if you visit a do-it-yourself website, you may see advertising on that website that promotes our products and services related to the do-it-yourself content.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect information directly from you.
For example, we collect information when you:
- Visit our Design Studios or other facilities
- Register for an account or complete a survey
- Make an online or in-store purchase
- Use an online forum, provide us with comments or reviews, or contact our call centers
- Upload or share a photo, submit a request, submit information, or post other digital content through one of our websites, applications or via social media interactions on third party websites like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter
- Request we send you an electronic copy of your in-store receipt
- Apply or inquire about employment
- Submit information via our websites, mobile websites, or applications
We collect information from you passively.
We use tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons to collect information when you use our websites and applications or interact with our emails. And we use cameras and other technologies in our stores, in parking lots and at other facilities to learn about customer traffic and for fraud prevention, security, and asset protection.
We collect information from Affiliates of Select Interior Concepts.
We may receive information about you from companies that are controlled by or under common control with Select Interior Concepts (our “Affiliates”).
We collect information from third parties.
In the course of serving you and operating our business, we collect information from a variety of third parties. For example, we collect information from:
- Shipping companies
- Your friends and contacts
- Marketing companies that help us learn about consumer interests and trends
- Companies that supplement our customer records with additional information
- Online advertising and analytics providers
- Social media platforms
- Suppliers of property information
- Companies that help us process payments
- Service providers that operate on our behalf and collect information
- Financial institutions and other companies that help provide or support financial products and offers
- Security and fraud prevention providers
- Manufacturers and other businesses with which we conduct joint offers or programs
WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
CATEGORY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IDENTIFIERS, such as name, email address, phone number, username, physical address, device identifier, IP address, and social media handle.
WHERE DO WE COLLECT IT FROM?
Directly from you or the devices you use to access digital services, such as websites, mobile applications, and applications for connected devices.
Other customers that may provide us with your information to recommend a product or service, ship products to you, or list you as a recipient of products or services.
Companies that provide services on our behalf (e.g., installers).
Security and fraud prevention services that help us confirm that transactions are valid and otherwise help us protect our assets and you.
Marketing companies that help us learn about our customers and the devices they use to access digital content.
Companies that supplement our customer records with additional information.
Shipping providers that update address information.
Social media platforms.
WHY DO WE COLLECT IT?
Fulfilling orders and processing returns.
Administering contests and promotions.
Registering you for a website or program.
Communicating with you.
Improving our products and services, including improving store layouts and digital content.
Learning about customer trends and interests.
Personalizing digital content.
Delivering marketing communications and advertising.
Identifying the devices you use to access digital content.
Fraud prevention, security, and asset protection.
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
Service providers that process information on our behalf, such as shipping vendors, providers of digital analytics services, and fraud prevention.
Manufacturers of products and providers of extended warranty services.
Any successor to all or part of our business.
Law enforcement, public and government authorities, and other entities as we deem reasonably necessary to comply with law, support investigations, and protect the rights and property of you, us, and others.
Our affiliates and subsidiaries.
HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION?
Here are some examples of how we use the information we collect:
To respond to you and provide you with goods and services you request.
- Fulfilling orders, ensuring proper delivery, or providing services (such as delivering an electronic copy of your receipt)
- Responding to a product or service review
To improve our business, products, and services.
- Improving our websites, mobile applications, and applications for other connected devices
- Identifying ways to make our products and services better
- Improving store layouts
- Developing new ways to purchase and browse our products and services
- Personalizing the content on our digital services (e.g., websites, mobile applications, and connected device applications) so you have a consistent experience
To identify and assess website and device application trends and customer interests.
- Recommending products and services that may interest you
- Identifying the devices you use to interact with us so that we can provide you with a consistent experience
- Identifying your interests based on your interactions with us and information we have received from third parties or publicly available sources
- Updating our product inventories to meet projected demand
For security and asset protection purposes.
- In-store, parking lot, and facility cameras track store traffic and stock
- Mitigating credit losses
- Detecting and preventing fraud and malicious activities on our digital offerings and in your accounts
For our marketing.
- Sending you communications about special promotions or offers via regular mail, email, phone, or other electronic channels, including ads on social media platforms
- Sending you newsletters and other information you have requested
- Informing you of new in-store or digital products and service offerings
- Passing along information about offers from our Affiliates and other companies we think you might find interesting
To communicate with you about your account or our relationship.
- Updating you regarding shipping, product availability, product recalls, or warranty information
- Sending you other transactional or relationship communications
For employment purposes.
- Processing and responding to your application for or inquiry regarding employment with us.
For social media engagement.
- When you engage with our content on or through social networking websites, plug-ins and applications, you may allow us to have access to certain social media account information (e.g., name, username, email address, gender) as determined by the settings of the social media platforms to deliver the content or as part of the operation of the website, plug-in or application
- Such social media platforms may collect information about your use of our services and may notify other users of the platform about your activities on our websites and device applications
For other uses we may disclose to you.
- We may also use information for purposes disclosed to you at the point of collection, as authorized by you, or as otherwise permitted or required by law
TRACKING TOOLS WE USE
We collect personal and other information using digital tracking tools, such as cookies and web beacons, when you use our websites or mobile applications, interact with our emails or applications provided on connected devices, or otherwise engage with our digital offerings. We also partner with third parties that collect information this way. These third parties may place similar tracking tools on our websites, applications, and advertising to facilitate tracking, advertising, and measurement services.
The tools may collect information about your activities over time and on various digital services offered by us or others.
The tools that we, our vendors, and third parties use include:
- Browser and flash cookies. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other connected device to identify your browser or to store information or settings. Your browser may provide the ability to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Flash cookies generally can be disabled only by accessing Adobe Flash settings (information available here)
- Server logs, which record information about the device, browser, operating system, network, and other resources you use to access our digital services
- Web beacons and pixels. These are small electronic images deployed on websites and emails that collect information about how users interact with content
- Application software. Software in our mobile and other connected-device applications collects information about how you interact with the digital services
We, our service providers, and third parties use the information collected via these tools to:
- Identify new visitors and users
- Recognize returning customers
- Learn how you came to access our digital services
- Keep you logged into our digital services
- Personalize your experience on our website, device applications, and third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications
- Identify your location as determined by the IP address of your devices
- Optimize and tailor our websites and device applications
- Make product recommendations and provide you with advertising content in which we think you will be interested. As part of this customization, we may observe your behaviors on our device applications, our websites, or on other websites and applications. We may also get information about your browsing history and online activities from our trusted business partners and vendors
- Better understand our audience, our customers, our website visitors and device application users, and their respective interests, including by learning about your online activities across devices